The MAY EMMA HOYT FOUNDATION grants funding to tax-exempt entities located within Lawrence County or providing services to Lawrence County residents and charities.
The Foundation Board meets as needed throughout the year to review current grant requests and to assess the successes of awarded grants.
The Foundation has no formal application form. A request for funding should include some or all of the following information:
- The name and address of the organization including contact information;
- A copy of the organization’s tax-exempt determination;
- Copies of the organization’s tax returns for the last two (2) years;
- A brief description of the project explaining how a grant will assist Lawrence County residents and how many residents it might impact;
- Identification of any partners/owners of real estate involved in the project;
- The cost of the project and a scheduling of these costs;
- An explanation of the cost calculation or submission of at least two (2) formal bids;
- The project time frame;
- Other sources of financial support; and
- The names of other foundations or other possible financial sources where applications for funding have been made or granted.
In general, we do not provide operating funding for established programs. We tend to consider capital needs for structural building repairs, equipment, or community wellness and public safety programs that are not generally affordable through normal operational activities or through current programs. The Hoyt Foundation is committed to improving the welfare of all Lawrence County residents and will consider any request that meets those goals.